Welcome to the ArtLinks Member’s Page. ArtLinks provides a range of supports for its Members across its partner regions. The supports have been designed to best meet the needs for the development of your practice.
What do you get as an ArtLinks Member?
As a registered Member, the supports offered by ArtLinks to Professional and Emerging Artists fall under three categories:
You need to be a current Member of ArtLinks to avail of these supports. Membership is free and is open to both Professional and Emerging Artists who are resident within the four partner Local Authorities.
ArtLinks is supported by the Arts Council/An Chomhairle Ealaíon.
What each Bursary Award supports
The purpose of the Emerging Artist Award is to support and nurture emerging professional artists within the partner regions. The award supports:
- Mentoring for the development of professional practice
- Practice based project planning
- Attendance at specialists educational institutes for professional practice courses
- Undertaking creative research
- Attendance at specialist master-classes
- Participation in a new initiative to expand existing practice
The Professional Development Award is designed to assist artists who qualify for ArtLinks Membership, to develop their practice. ArtLinks will consider applications for assistance with any of the following areas of support:
- Travel and training
- To assist with education at graduate level
- Projects with a demonstrable benefit to practice development
The Collaborative Award is a new award, open to application by Professional Artists and Emerging Artists who qualify as members of ArtLinks. This award is designed to be responsive to the ideal of many artists to form collaborations either to develop their practice or their networks. In principle a Professional Artist must propose to work with at least one other artist in the ArtLinks region, the development reason for the collaboration must be evident in the communication of the proposal.
ArtLinks continues to develop its successful Mentoring Programme to further facilitate those seeking mentoring assistance in the development of their arts practice.
ArtLinks mentoring services will be available to members in three ways:
- By application through the Emerging Artist or Professional Development Award
- Clinic mentoring
- Project-based mentoring
When can I apply for mentoring support?
Applicants to the Emerging Artist or Professional Development Award are given the freedom within the application criteria to propose a mentoring project / professional mentor, who would work with them over a defined period for the development of their practice. This support has closed for 2014.
ArtLinks provides networking for its members online via the ArtLinks Members Forum on LinkedIn.
Registered members of ArtLinks are encouraged to join this group which has been designed to:
- Share information through discussion threads and information updates
- Create connectivity with other artists working in the same discipline or within your region
- Build potential for collaboration
- Build awareness of your practice